Welcome to Tohoku Sociology
Tohoku Sociology is a major teaching and research centre in Japan. We teach undergraduate BAs and postgraduate MAs and PhDs. We serve students from throughout the world as a center for the advanced study of societal change, social institutions, and social processes. Its programs offer in-depth training in sociological theory and emphasize research methodology, as well as following areas of concentration: City and Space-Time; Nature and the Environment; Social Communication and Media Studies; Critical Theory; Gender and Family; Asian Rural/Urban Area Studies.
We hope you'll be interested in our work, or with working with us. Please contact us by mail or e-mail; or arrange to come and visit us!
News and Events
If you need to communicate with the staff disclosing contact information, please use the following email, telephone or fax numbers at first.
- TEL & FAX: +81-22-795-6034
- E-mail: sociology＊ml.tohoku.ac.jp （change from＊to@）
Department of Sociology
Graduate School/Faculty of Arts and Letters
Kawauchi 27-1, Aoba ward
- The city of Sendai sits at the shore of the Pacific Ocean, 350 kilometers to the north of Tokyo. It takes about two hours from Tokyo to Sendai by the Tohoku Shinkansen bullet train. By air, Sendai International Airport can be reached directly from several cities in Asia and the Pacific, such as Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Changchun, Dalian, Taipei and Guam.
Access to the campass
- The office of Department of Sociology is located in the Kawauchi Campus, Tohoku University (Building No.C-15, Room No.208). It is located about 2.5 kilometers west of the JR Sendai station along "Aoba Street".
- By subway :Take the subway from Sendai Station to Kawauchi Station (6 mins) and exit at South 1 or 2. Take the subway from Sendai Station to Kokusai Center Station (4 mins). Walk 5 mins from there.
- By taxi :15 minutes from Sendai Station
Last Modified: 2021年07月29日 16時19分32秒
38662 counts since AUG 2007